Service to the ANU
Clarification of abbreviations:
- CECS = College of Engineering and Computer Science
- SoCo = School of Computing (part of CECS)
- RSCS = Research School of Computer Science (got renamed into SoCo mid 2021)
My current service roles at the ANU:
- Since May 2022 I'm the SoCo representative on the CECS Work, Health, and Safety (WHS) Committee.
- Since December 2021, I am an Incident Investigator for SoCo (one of two). Whenever there's an incident (accidents or malfunctioning or dangerous hardware or environment etc.) reported on some platform, I'm one of several in a team (two per school) who contacts the reporting person to collect and provide more information on what exactly happened and why.
- Since November 2021, I am a First Aider (FA) (one of three) as well as as a Mental First Aider (MFA) (also one of three) of 'the computer science part' of my building Hanna Neumann. (The building also hosts the Mathematical Sciences Institute (MSI), which has their own first aiders.)
- Since April 2021, I'm a member of the SoCo PhD scholarship committee. The committee holds four meetings each year, two national and two international ones. Prior to joining the board permanently, I was already a member for the first 2020 round for international students (April round), back then still the RSCS committee.
Past service roles at the ANU:
- From October 2021 to early May 2022, I was a proxy for Hanna Souminen, acting as Academic Representative for both SoCo and CECS. As such, I was a member of the CECS Work, Health, and Safety (WHS) committee which meets quarterly to decide on topics related to WHS. During that time there was a restructuring of how the various WHS committees work, after which I transitioned into a different role.